Thursday, July 15, 2010

Oh, the modern me.

by Shaggy

SO I finally caved.

twitter.com/shaggyshan

I find that I'm usually not an early adapter to social networking outlets.

I didn't touch MSN for a good while when it first came out.

I didn't use facebook until a friend of mine sat me down and made the account.

And now, Twitter.

I avoided it initially for I believed my life not to be interesting enough to warrant constant micro updates for all to see. I still believe this, which is also why I don't often add people who I don't know too well as facebook friends; it's not for the security reasons, it's more of "really, not much is going on with me, so I'll be letting you down if you want entertainment."

All that being said, I understand the appeal of Twitter, beyond it's initial practical application of up to the second updates for event coordination.

When I'm bored at work, or just waiting for some video/animation to load or render, I constantly check my facebook app for news feed updates. Even if it's not something posted on my wall or having anything to do with me, I find that I need to know that something is going on outside this work world I'm trapped in / rely on for moneys.

And since a wall post is roughly under 140 characters long, Twitter is just another extension of that, just open to a wider audience.

So, the question is, will it be worth your time to follow me on my Twitter?

Looking at my past, I would be tempted to say no.

...but looking at the future? I think there's a lot of surprises on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment