Wednesday, July 14, 2010

How could this happen

Night time, hot and sticky I'm walking to the subway station. Bad idea, it's garbage collection day and the whole street smells of hot sticky gross. I'm trying not to breath through my nose and generally not turn my head toward the garbage bins so instead I decide to look the other way. Now I feel I have solid spacial awareness, I don't usually bump into things and I normally use my periphery to spot things beside me, not this night. This night I was too busy focusing on the smell, the sticky hot gross smell, so when I say I was surprised by what I saw...I was blind sided. I turned towards the houses and sitting on the steps and too close for comfort were two blubbery naked old men. Maybe the blubbery was wrinkly but I don't think I've ever looked away faster, I think I wrenched my neck. I can only presume they were trying to beat the heat outside but seriously do they have no shame?

Yesterday I woke up to discover that one of my eyelids had ballooned to ridiculous proportions. Basically it looks like someone punched me in the eye. This happens to me from time to time and it really sucks, I look like Quasimodo. But I had to leave the house, I'm a trooper, so I threw on some clothes and took off. Also for some strange reason I had an urge to eat Taco Bell. This is a very strange urge for me I usually get cravings for...actually it's not that strange I often get ideas of random things I want to eat, but it's never Taco Bell. I've probably eaten at Taco Bell maybe 5 times in my life. But there I was eating a Cheesy Gordita Crunch wearing a Hot Tub Time Machine t-shirt and a ballooned up eye. Would I be a huge target of ridicule, yes. Did I feel shame?

No comments:

Post a Comment