Thursday, January 21, 2010

Why I Hate Shower Scenes

Shower scenes are the most pointless scenes in a movie…unless it’s Psycho. I hate shower scenes. I think studios throw them in because they think viewers are going to get some titillation out of the thought of someone naked. But what do you get, a shot of a person’s legs, then a shot of their face, then back. You see more of the actress’s cleavage in a low cut top then when they are in the shower.

That said, sometimes they do show nakedness. In the mid-nineties two versions of Street Fighter II The Animated Movie were released, censored and uncensored. The difference, Chun-Li’s boobs…in the shower…toon boobs.

Picture: Chun-Li

(Question: Is Chun-Li really Chun-Li if she doesn’t have the hair buns?)


But in general, what’s the point besides wasting my time. Unless it’s integral to the plot to have a character in the shower, take it out. I don’t need to see a woman take a shower in the morning before they go to work. It’s just as useless and having them take a shit. I don’t need to see the poor glasses ugly girl take a shower before putting on a fancy dress. I feel like I can safely assume that if their hair looks totally different, and they are all dolled up, then I understand that they cleaned themselves in some form be it a bath or shower.

I guess what I’m saying is that if you are going to try and titillate me in a movie theatre then have a ludicrous sex scene because then I can at least get a laugh out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment